Apart from writing this blog, I am working on a novel.
I also offer a variety of text services.
Many years experience of writing and engaging in written discussion have given me a wide range of skills.
These can be boiled down to the effort to gather together the right words and set them down in the correct order, with a tone and flow appropriate to their immediate use or function. This is not always as easy as it appears.
Specifically, I can:
- proof-read and copy-edit academic papers, dissertations and theses in the Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities;
- proof-read, edit and write letters, leaflets and brochures;
- communicate an essential message in clear ordinary language;
- analyse technical and formal discourse;
- condense large amounts of information;
- tutor basic writing skills;
- offer general communication advice;
- help non-native English speakers to make themselves understood;
- design simple DTP layouts with standard templates.
I charge professional hourly rates for academic and corporate work and concessionary rates on a sliding scale for private work.
Please get in touch for a quote.